This Monday we’re celebrating World Mental Health Day, which raises awareness of mental health issues and treatments. Around 154 million people across the globe suffer from depression; World Mental Health Day aims to get us all talking about what can be a difficult topic.
A big thank you
Today we want to say thank you to our wonderful carers, who do such an amazing job day in, day out. There can sometimes be demands and challenges in a caring role and we make sure our carers are fully supported to do their job and look after their wellbeing.
The biggest one is the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) that we run with Health Assured. The EAP offers cover for you and any immediate family members who live with you, including:
- a stress helpline
- telephone counselling
- referral to face to face counselling or serious illness and accident support
- tax and legal advice
- care for children or older people
- medical advice.
We also have access to Health Assured online tools for emotional support, health and fitness and personal coaching.
The benefits of a role at Guinness Care and Support
We make sure that our employees' emotional health and wellbeing is always a priority, with a range of great benefits, including:
- great salaries and allowances, with everyone over 22 auto-enrolled into a pension which we contribute to
- flexible working and good annual leave
- staff awards and development opportunities
- childcare vouchers and eye test vouchers for those eligible
- a lifestyle benefits scheme to make great savings every day
- mileage and car parking expenses for people who have to travel for work
- uniforms and any personal protective equipment needed for your role as well as a mobile phone if required.
We’re dedicated to providing a caring environment for our employees as well as our customers.